Dec. 17- I had a craft night with some girlfriends, so Roger did this activity with the boys. They put on their jammies and got to watch a special Christmas movie! I left him the camera but he forgot to take the pictures.
Dec. 18- We celebrated our first Christmas with Roger's side of the family, with his aunts and uncles. The boys had a great time! There was plenty of yummy food, sweets galore, and presents! Here they are tearing into their gifts from their great-aunts and great-uncles. :)



The boys got a mini air hockey table! Here is Barrett playing with Pappy.

Dec. 19- No pictures for this one. We popped in our DVD of the Grinch and snuggled up to watch it together!
Dec. 20- Daddy came home from work fairly early this day, so we decorated our gingerbread houses! I picked up a kit that was technically a "gingerbread village," so that everyone would have their own small house to decorate. Lots of fun!

Hunter decorated his, then he proceeded to lick off all the royal icing.

Dec. 21- I took the boys to Petco to pick up a gift for Biscuit. Santa doesn't deliver to pets, so we had to make sure he had a new frisbee in his stocking for Christmas morning!
Dec. 22- We met up with our friends the LeRouaxs for storytime and a Polar Express train ride at the Manvel Library. We were late for storytime, but we made it for the train! The boys loved it.


Dec. 23- I was craving some sugar cookies, so I found a new recipe and baked some. The boys (and Daddy) had a great time decorating them! Of course we made sure to put some out for Santa the next night.
Hunter spreading his icing with a popsicle stick

Barrett went for the two-tone look, then doused the cookie in about 7 pounds of sprinkles.

Even Daddy had fun! Look at that concentration.

Dec. 24- No pictures here again! We baked more cookies for Santa (chocolate chip this time since Barrett said that was Santa's favorite). We had an early dinner then went to church together for Christmas Eve worship. It was very special for Barrett since he "was old enough" to hold his own candle during "Silent Night." The boys watched for Santa in the sky on the way home, then everyone went to bed so that Santa could come!
You did such a great job documenting all of the activities! I love the pictures of your men decorating sugar cookies!
ReplyDelete