Sunday, February 28, 2010

San Antonio

Who goes for a weekend vacation to San Antonio and forgets to charge the camera? Anyone? ME. I'm so irritated that I don't have more pictures of our weekend, but at least we got a couple!

One of my best friends from college had a baby shower in San Antonio, and Roger was able to get the weekend off so that we could go! He watched the boys while I went to the beautiful shower (Congratulations Jenn! We can't wait to meet baby Lily!) and then we spent some family time exploring San Antonio. Roger and I have been many times before, but this was the first time for the boys, as well as our first time to stay in a hotel with both kids! After the shower, we ate some lunch and checked into our hotel. I think the kids liked it! Barrett's favorite part was the desk. He sat there quite a bit and wrote on the hotel notepad with his special hotel pen. He kept saying that he liked his "hometel" desk!



Hunter really enjoyed the full-length mirrors on the closet and bathroom doors! I feel badly that housekeeping was going to have quite a few fingerprint and slobbery kiss smudges to wipe off.



Barrett's other favorite thing was that he got to hold one of the hotel room keys. He was so tickled by the fact that a card unlocked the door! He insisted on having it in the bed during the night.



After we checked in and got settled, we took the boys to the Riverwalk. We did the very touristy thing and rode the riverboats and got a tour of the Riverwalk. We had to wait in line for a very long time, and the boys were getting pretty impatient. Roger and I thought we had made a big mistake when a boat finally came for us! Thank heavens! The tour was actually very interesting, and we learned a few things about the area. Barrett didn't really say much during the ride, I think he was just soaking it all in. Hunter's mouth was very busy eating yogurt melts the whole time. Here we are on the boat!




After the boat ride, the boys were really worn out and hungry, and since we were mere moments away from some lovely temper tantrums, we went to that wonderful fine-dining establishment, Chick Fil-A! :) Then it was off to the hotel for baths and bed. We were all asleep by 9:00. No kidding. Everyone got a great night's sleep!

The next morning, we had breakfast then drove to the San Antonio Zoo. It was a gorgeous cool day so the animals were pretty active. Barrett liked the giraffe the best, although he kept commenting on the fact that there was only one (I guess since the Houston Zoo has a bunch). Hunter loved the aquarium, birds, and monkeys. Roger and I liked the rhinos (there were 3 or 4 of them). Unfortunately, this is where my camera decided to poop out on us. Here is the one picture I got.



Seriously?!?! All those wonderful animals and the only shot I got is of a sleeping warthog. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to go back someday to get more pictures. After seeing the animals, we rode the train right outside the zoo, then met our friends Jenn and Blake for a yummy lunch before heading back home. We had such a great time and can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so this: "All those wonderful animals and the only shot I got is of a sleeping warthog" seriously just made me laugh out loud here in bed. You should have brought the boys over here on your way or way back!! Looks like it was fun! The hotel looks like the Emily Morgan we stayed at down there last time. Was that it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for San Antonio! I sure think it would be a greal place for Roger to set up his practice! I mean, it would be a whole lot easier on Barrett and Bekah, than having a long distance relationship! So sorry about the camera, that is pretty funny that the only picture you got was the warthog : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a little family time in. I SO would have forgotten to charge the camera too!

    ReplyDelete