Roger's 2 week vacation officially started last Saturday! Hooray! Gosh, I am completely enjoying having him home, and I know the boys are thrilled to spend so much time with Daddy.
The first official weekend of vacation was incredibly busy for us. Roger took the boys to a fish fry at their great-uncle and aunt's house out in Crosby, while I hosted a baby shower for Erin at The Chocolate Lounge in Old Town Spring. Barrett and Hunter had a great time visiting with Roger's side of the family, playing trucks, and exploring Uncle Virgil's workshop.
Hunter looking very tough pushing that tractor around!
Barrett loved Virgil's welding helmet! Here is Daddy helping him put it on. I love that they even turned his baseball cap around so Barrett could wear it underneath!
Ready to do some work!
My sweeties playing together outside
As a side note, I just have to say that I never thought I'd put the boys in matching clothes, but I think it's so cute now! Gigi bought them those cute dinosaur shirts and matching shorts, and I love to put them on the boys!
While it was all metalwork and tractors going on with Daddy, it was presents, cake, and all things baby with me! We had Erin's baby shower at Avery's shop, and it was so much fun! Lots of friends and family were able to make the drive in, and Erin got quite a bit of stuff for the baby. Since Erin and Adam are not finding out the baby's sex, the theme was really based off of the cute baby bedding they registered for. Avery did a fantastic job with decorating and food, and I think everyone had a wonderful time!
Here is one of the food tables. So delicious! We had an awesome cheese board, fruit, and a chocolate fountain with lots of yummy dippers. There were sandwiches, fruit, veggies, and lots of other goodies on the other table.
A close-up of the cake.
Erin with the Schroeder side of the family.
The Riedesel side
Erin holding up the adorable baby quilt from my grandmother.
My sister and me cutting the super-yummy cake
I can't believe that sweet baby will be here in about 2 months! We are all looking forward to meeting him or her!
Part 2 of the weekend coming soon! :)





I love the picture of Barrett in the welding helmet!
ReplyDeleteYou got so many great pictures from the shower! Can't wait to hear the sex of the baby!
Oh I love how you are good with dressing them alike, they are so cute! And great job on the shower, everyone looked so pretty and Erin looks so happy! Have the best time with your stay at home daddy!
ReplyDelete