One of the unfortunate aspects of having a husband in surgical residency is the lack of days off. It seems like most other husbands/daddies get the typical 2 day weekend, while we are stuck with a measly 4 days a month, if even that. With our (well, really Roger's, but I count too!) fourth year of residency underway, we have learned to make the most of these precious days off. Sometimes we are guilty of planning too much, but we usually try to relax and soak up the time that Roger is home with us. Here are some photos of the boys loving the lazy day with Daddy.
Everyone sprawled out on the living room floor watching some football. Yes, Barrett is dressed like Spiderman, and yes, Hunter is in his jammies. I don't think he changed clothes the whole day. :)

What happens after a big lunch and laying down

Sleepy boy

After everyone had a good nap, I decided to try a new baking recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Whoopie Pies. They were absolutely delicious! Here are Daddy and his mini-me licking the beaters from the marshmallow filling.

What a good sharer!
So sweet! Lazy days with daddy are precious at this stage in the game, so happy you got one! I can't believe that Hunter fell asleep on the ground like that! And oh my golly, those whooopie pies, I can't stop thinking about them!
ReplyDelete