Roger was able to come home from work at a semi-normal time, so we thought it was a great opportunity to carve the pumpkin we got from the pumpkin patch and one from Honey and Dude! Barrett liked helping Daddy draw on the face but wasn't a fan of scooping out the guts. Although I have to say I'm not a fan of it either, so you know I love my husband because I sifted through all of it to make him roasted pumpkin seeds. Anyway, they made a very cute
jack o' lantern!
Drawing the face
Not wanting to touch the goopy stuff, so Daddy had to scoop it out.
All done!
So being the wonderful surgeon that he is, Roger wanted to try a fancy carved pumpkin. He picked a design out of a book we had and got to work. Of course he picked the one that was rated the most challenging. It looks fantastic!
The finished product
It looks pretty awesome with the candle inside and lights off! I guess if the surgery career doesn't pan out, he can always make a living carving pumpkins...
I love the picture of Roger scooping out of the pumpkin and Barrett making a face!
ReplyDeleteThe surgeon pumpkin is amazing!!