Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Arps and Craps"

No, this is not another post about a diaper blowout! :) After Barrett got home from school the other day, he wanted to color. While I was getting his crayons and coloring books down, he spotted his paints and brushes, so he told me he wanted to paint instead. We headed to the kitchen table and got his supplies ready. He had a lot of fun painting with his brushes. Incredibly, more paint was on the paper than his clothes (well, at least until he started to finger paint)!



When he was finished painting, Barrett wanted to color with his markers, too. After we took off his painted clothes, he got busy and concentrated very hard on his artwork.




He used all of his colors and then told me what his writing said. After he was finished, Barrett told me "Mommy, I love to do arps and craps!" (get it? Arts and crafts!) Too cute!

A picture of his marker masterpiece. You can see where I wrote what he told me it said. I forgot to label it on his picture, but he also said the orange part on the bottom right said "LMNOP."

4 comments:

  1. I love Barrett's intensity once he took off his paining clothes and starting coloring with the markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "LMNOP" part of the picture is just pure genius! I totally thought that's what it was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, I am laughing so hard. And, I just showed Ben Barrett's drawing and his eyes got huge just like a kids' would (out of surprise by his interpretations of you and Hunter and Daddy)! He looks SO intense in the drawing picture. Wow. Next Picasso?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is soooo cute! And what a teacher you are to write what he said! I will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete